Posted: Dec 17, 2021 / 03:50 PM EST
/ Updated: Dec 17, 2021 / 04:23 PM EST
NEW YORK (NEWS10) – Governor Kathy Hochul as we speak up to date New Yorkers on the state’s progress combating COVID-19 on Friday, December 17. Officials proceed to encourage New Yorkers to make the most of the instruments we have now as we speak by getting vaccinated, getting their booster, carrying a masks, and washing their fingers.
Tracking COVID instances by county
Today’s information is summarized briefly under:
- Test Results Reported – 263,536
- Total Positive – 21,027
- Percent Positive – 7.98%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 5.73%
- Patient Hospitalization – 3,839 (+74)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 561
- Patients in ICU – 731 (-31)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 435 (+2)
- Total Discharges – 222,307 (+476)
- New deaths reported by healthcare amenities via HERDS – 60
- Total deaths reported by healthcare amenities via HERDS – 47,432
The Health Electronic Response Data System is an NYS DOH information supply that collects confirmed every day dying information as reported by hospitals, nursing properties, and grownup care amenities solely.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 60,253
Tracking COVID vaccinations within the Capital Region
This every day COVID-19 provisional dying certificates information reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC contains those that died in any location, together with hospitals, nursing properties, grownup care amenities, at residence, in hospice, and different settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 32,101,073
- Total vaccine doses administered over previous 24 hours – 129,464
- Total vaccine doses administered over previous 7 days – 1,054,522
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with not less than one vaccine dose – 87.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with accomplished vaccine sequence – 79.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with not less than one vaccine dose (CDC) – 93.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with accomplished vaccine sequence (CDC) – 82.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with not less than one vaccine dose – 76.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with accomplished vaccine sequence – 68.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with not less than one vaccine dose (CDC) – 81.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with accomplished vaccine sequence (CDC) – 70.7%
Each area’s 7-day common of instances per 100K inhabitants is as follows
Village of Ballston Spa wins grant for redevelopment
Each area’s 7-day common proportion of constructive take a look at outcomes reported during the last three days is as follows:
Each New York City borough’s 7-day common proportion of constructive take a look at outcomes reported during the last three days is as follows:
As of Thursday, December 16, 21,027 New Yorkers examined constructive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the overall compiled by HERDS to 2,895,808. A geographic breakdown is as follows:
NY’s utility moratorium expires days earlier than Christmas
Over the final two days, 60 New Yorkers died as a consequence of COVID-19, bringing the overall to 47,432. A geographic breakdown is as follows, by county of residence:
All New York State mass vaccination websites are open to eligible New Yorkers aged 12 years and older for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve foundation, with 10 websites open to eligible New Yorkers aged 5 and older. Preference to a scheduled appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can achieve this on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX. You may additionally contact your native well being division, pharmacy, physician, or hospital to schedule appointments the place vaccines can be found or by visiting vaccines.gov to search out data on vaccine appointments close to you.
New Yorkers trying to schedule vaccine appointments for 5-11-year-old youngsters are inspired to contact their baby’s pediatrician, household doctor, county well being departments, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), rural well being facilities, or pharmacies which may be administering the vaccine for this age group. Parents and guardians can go to vaccines.gov, textual content their ZIP code to 438829, or name 1-800-232-0233 to search out close by areas.
Amsterdam opening outside ice skating rink
Make positive that the supplier gives the Pfizer-BioNTechCOVID-19 vaccine, as the opposite COVID-19 vaccines usually are not but approved for this age group. Visit the website for parents and guardians for brand new data, continuously requested questions and solutions, and assets particularly designed for fogeys and guardians of this age group.