Posted: Dec 18, 2021 / 03:31 PM EST
/ Updated: Dec 18, 2021 / 03:31 PM EST
NEW YORK (NEWS10) – Governor Kathy Hochul as we speak up to date New Yorkers on the state’s progress combating COVID-19 on Saturday, December 18. Officials proceed to encourage New Yorkers to make the most of the instruments we have now as we speak by getting vaccinated, getting their booster, carrying a masks, and washing their arms.
Tracking COVID instances by county
Today’s information is summarized briefly beneath:
- Test Results Reported – 290,930
- Total Positive – 21,908
- Percent Positive – 7.53%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 6.29%
- Patient Hospitalization – 3,909 (+70)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 578
- Patients in ICU – 745 (+14)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 437 (+2)
- Total Discharges – 222,778 (+471)
- New deaths reported by healthcare amenities by HERDS – 59
- Total deaths reported by healthcare amenities by HERDS – 47,492
The Health Electronic Response Data System is an NYS DOH information supply that collects confirmed every day loss of life information as reported by hospitals, nursing properties, and grownup care amenities solely.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 60,252
Tracking COVID vaccinations within the Capital Region
This every day COVID-19 provisional loss of life certificates information reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC contains those that died in any location, together with hospitals, nursing properties, grownup care amenities, at dwelling, in hospice, and different settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 32,236,194
- Total vaccine doses administered over previous 24 hours – 135,121
- Total vaccine doses administered over previous 7 days – 1,050,138
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with not less than one vaccine dose – 87.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with accomplished vaccine sequence – 79.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with not less than one vaccine dose (CDC) – 94.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with accomplished vaccine sequence (CDC) – 82.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with not less than one vaccine dose – 76.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with accomplished vaccine sequence – 68.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with not less than one vaccine dose (CDC) – 81.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with accomplished vaccine sequence (CDC) – 70.8%
Each area’s 7-day common of instances per 100K inhabitants is as follows:
Third girl accuses ‘Sex and the City’ actor Chris Noth of sexual assault
Each area’s 7-day common share of optimistic take a look at outcomes reported during the last three days is as follows:
Each New York City borough’s 7-day common share of optimistic take a look at outcomes reported during the last three days is as follows:
Mistletoe – well-known for stolen vacation kisses – is a parasite that steals water and vitamins from different crops
As of Friday, December 17, 21,908 New Yorkers examined optimistic for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the whole to 2,917,716. A geographic breakdown is as follows:
* These case counts symbolize these identified instances which have been confirmed by a state-approved laboratory and don’t totally symbolize the whole instances possible within the inhabitants.
As of Friday, December 17, 59 New Yorkers died on account of COVID-19, bringing the whole compiled by HERDS to 47,492. A geographic breakdown is as follows, by county of residence:
Here are the highest journey locations for Christmas and New Year’s
As of Friday, December 17, 27,804 New Yorkers acquired their first vaccine dose, and 12,813 accomplished their vaccine sequence. A geographic breakdown of New Yorkers who’ve been vaccinated by area is as follows:
All New York State mass vaccination websites are open to eligible New Yorkers aged 12 years and older for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve foundation, with 10 websites open to eligible New Yorkers aged 5 and older. Preference to a scheduled appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can accomplish that on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX. You might also contact your native well being division, pharmacy, physician, or hospital to schedule appointments the place vaccines can be found or by visiting vaccines.gov to search out info on vaccine appointments close to you.
Exposed to COVID-19? What specialists say it’s best to do subsequent
New Yorkers seeking to schedule vaccine appointments for 5-11-year-old youngsters are inspired to contact their youngster’s pediatrician, household doctor, county well being departments, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), rural well being facilities, or pharmacies which may be administering the vaccine for this age group. Parents and guardians can go to vaccines.gov, textual content their ZIP code to 438829, or name 1-800-232-0233 to search out close by places.
Make positive that the supplier provides the Pfizer-BioNTechCOVID-19 vaccine, as the opposite COVID-19 vaccines are usually not but licensed for this age group. Visit the website for parents and guardians for brand new info, often requested questions and solutions, and sources particularly designed for folks and guardians of this age group.