For years, I’ve had points with electronic mail kinds on web sites hosted at GoDaddy. Whether or not I used to be making an attempt to get a contact type in WordPress to work, or just ahead emails inside cPanel, the entire troubleshooting course of was only a ache.
The GoDaddy electronic mail problem particularly pops up when a consumer switches from GoDaddy electronic mail internet hosting to a third get together electronic mail host like Google, Zoho, Namecheap, and so forth.
However GoDaddy’s documentation is straight-up horrible and poking round StackOverflow / Googling developer boards will get outdated after some time. So right here’s a brief information to GoDaddy type electronic mail issues that I want I had a number of years in the past.
Table of Contents
- 1. Your web site type doesn’t truly “ship” the e-mail.
- 2. Email Sending & Receiving Is Extremely Insecure
- 3. GoDaddy has a uniquely unhealthy electronic mail drawback & a uniquely strict electronic mail safety resolution
- Use SMTP Authentication for Forms
- Change Internet hosting Suppliers
- Subsequent Steps
There are a number of ideas to grasp earlier than selecting an answer.
1. Your web site type doesn’t truly “ship” the e-mail.
As a substitute, the information goes like this –
- Consumer varieties info into the shape
- Kind passes information to WordPress (or your CMS)
- WordPress (or your CMS) passes information to your internet host through PHP
- Your internet host truly transmits the e-mail with its electronic mail header info
2. Email Sending & Receiving Is Extremely Insecure
There’s a motive why you typically can’t contact your physician through electronic mail. And there’s a motive why you get a lot spam.
Email is inherently insecure. It’s pretty simple to faux the sending and receiving handle (aka “spoofing”). Internet hosting firms and the massive electronic mail suppliers spend a ton of cash and thought on authenticating electronic mail headers. And a variety of this authentication relies on repute. So, internet hosting firms don’t need their servers to get a foul repute for sending spam.
3. GoDaddy has a uniquely unhealthy electronic mail drawback & a uniquely strict electronic mail safety resolution
Relying on the way you depend, GoDaddy is the most important single area registrar and internet hosting model on the earth. With that sort of scale, they’ve distinctive issues with coping with spam.
Nonetheless, they’ve additionally cut up from the remainder of the business in making a safety protocol. Their options get technical, however they principally block a whole vary of ports for sending emails from cPanel / servers along with filtering out type emails despatched “from” the massive electronic mail suppliers like Google, Yahoo!, AOL, and so forth.
That’s justifiable…apart from the truth that GoDaddy is the one host that I’ve used that has these types of electronic mail points. They’re extremely strict with their electronic mail safety – to the purpose that, properly, I’ve to jot down guides like this.
So what are you able to do? I’ve tried hacking round with all types of settings – together with disabling some web site safety settings (unhealthy concept). However I’ve typically ended up with 2 go-to fixes for the issue.
Use SMTP Authentication for Forms
SMTP is “easy mail switch protocol.” It’s the Web-standard method of authenticating and sending electronic mail. The wonderful thing about SMTP is you could sync it immediately along with your kinds / WordPress / CMS.
So as an alternative of passing the e-mail to your internet host to ship, you possibly can “ship” it immediately through whoever handles your electronic mail.
In different phrases, this resolution merely cuts your internet host out of the equation.Sponsored Hyperlinks
You’ll want to put in the plugin and configure your SMTP settings primarily based in your supplier. As soon as put in, it principally replaces the usual WP_Mail perform along with your electronic mail supplier. So any submission to your type is like somebody sending you an electronic mail on to your inbox.
- You’ll be able to preserve utilizing GoDaddy internet hosting with out coping with a migration.
- Your kinds ought to all ship appropriately.
- The method is pretty fast and easy.
- It’s nonetheless a bit clunky to put in good.
- Any mistake with SMTP settings will create supply failed notifications.
- It might create conflicts for any plugins that use WP_Mail performance (ie, uptime alerts, and so forth).
- You’ll have to keep up & replace one other plugin.
Certainly one of my purchasers used this resolution for greater than 4 years with out problem. It labored and it made sense on the time.
Now – that final bullet draw back lastly obtained us. The SMTP plugin we used was now not maintained. So with that, mixed with different elements, it made sense to maneuver to the longer-term resolution.
Change Internet hosting Suppliers
Like I’ve mentioned in lots of internet hosting critiques, utilizing GoDaddy for internet hosting is ok. They’re low-cost – they usually combine with their different merchandise. They’re normally “ok” to make use of to only get began.
Nonetheless, they’ve sufficient limitations – and even quirks like this – that switching internet hosting firms from GoDaddy is normally the very best long-term choice.
Within the case of 1 consumer, I moved his web site to InMotion Internet hosting and haven’t had any electronic mail points since.
I’ve additionally used InMotion Internet hosting for this website for fairly some time (learn their execs/negatives right here) – and have since tried out a number of contact kinds. Each type from FS Contact Kind to Contact Kind 7 to my present JetPack contact type has labored properly.
Now – it’s nonetheless preferrred from an electronic mail safety perspective to make use of SMTP reasonably than the default PHP mailer – nevertheless, their uniform and well-documented electronic mail setup at the very least permits extra flexibility in my electronic mail/type setup.
- You get extra flexibility with establishing kinds & electronic mail.
- Your kinds will work with the default WordPress setup.
- A transfer will doubtless repay long-term with pricing & extra superior options.
- Migrating your web site generally is a heavy raise to resolve a single problem – relying on what number of companies you may have with GoDaddy.
- You might need to set up & work with an SMTP plugin regardless.
Forms & electronic mail are a essential a part of any enterprise web site. Not receiving your emails or type submissions through GoDaddy’s servers just isn’t actually an choice.
You’ll be able to clear up the issue within the short-term on WordPress with an SMTP plugin.
Nonetheless, to resolve for the long-term, you’ll need to transfer internet hosting firms to someplace like InMotion Internet hosting or one other good enterprise host primarily based in your targets & preferences or just one other good electronic mail internet hosting firm.