The present entry-level Kindle, and $9 decrease than the $80 sale price at which the Paperwhite typically hovers.e-reader has , $59 off its checklist price of $130. The price drop — obtainable Sunday solely — is the lowest price we have ever seen on this model of the Paperwhite, which was launched in November 2018. That’s truly $19 lower than the step-down
If you are purchasing for somebody who’s on the lookout for a, it is a nice deal. The Paperwhite is the Goldilocks in Amazon’s line, and an enthusiastic CNET Editors’ Choice. Here’s why we adore it:
- It’s 10% thinner and lighter than the earlier model.
- It has a “flush-front” design with a again fabricated from a softer, grippy materials as an alternative of exhausting plastic.
- It’s totally waterproof, just like the high-end , and has a plastic display screen that Amazon says is shatter- and scratch-resistant.
- It has built-in Bluetooth for integration with Amazon’s Audible audiobook service.
- While the Kindle app is obtainable on telephones and tablets, the Kindle affords weeks-long battery life and a paper-like display screen that you could learn in direct daylight.
You can select to get the Paperwhite with three free months of theservice (assume “Netflix for books”) or not. Additionally, you may make the most of Amazon’s trade-in provide, which might knock up to 20% off the already low price.
It’s all the time attainable that Amazon will replace the Paperwhite this 12 months or subsequent, but it surely’s unclear when or how a lot of an improve will probably be. For occasion, USB-C charging may very well be added and maybe the lighting scheme may very well be up to date. The machine might additionally get barely thinner.
Read the complete.
Originally printed final 12 months. Updated with new sale price.