In 2017 we described the Long War 2 as “a must-play reinvention of XCOM 2” that modifications up the sensible turn-based technique sport in ways in which each gradual and deepen the marketing campaign in opposition to the alien occupation of Earth. As the title suggests, it was a followup to the Long War, an also-excellent mod for the 2012 XCOM: Enemy Unknown. And now the sequel has a sequel, as Long War of the Chosen, a port of the Long War 2 mod for the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen growth, is dwell on Steam.
Just like its predecessors, Long War of the Chosen makes main modifications to the vanilla sport:
- Build up the resistance by contacting areas and recruiting rebels of their havens
- Use these haven rebels to detect missions for you, which it’s essential to then infiltrate earlier than they expire
- Send out a number of squads at a time, adjusting the tools and composition to ensure they’ll infiltrate in time
- Watch as ADVENT reacts to your actions by strengthening areas (making missions tougher) and sending retaliatory strikes in your havens
- Grapple with far more difficult variations of the Chosen each in the technique layer and in retaliation missions (they not randomly spawn on missions)
- Discover a brand new analysis tree with a number of new techs and a bunch of new Proving Ground tasks
- Make use of eight new soldier lessons which have three skill decisions per rank and an additional rank (eight as an alternative of vanilla’s seven)
- Get as much as two of every faction soldier class, all of whom have been utterly reworked from War of the Chosen
- Train up officers that present highly effective buffs and skills on your squad
- Play with buffed-up SPARKs and tougher Alien Rulers if in case you have the corresponding DLCs put in
- Encounter solely new enemies that pressure you to adapt your techniques
The mod makers stated they tried to maintain Long War of the Chosen as near Long War 2 as doable, however some modifications had been essential as a result of of variations between XCOM 2 and the War of the Chosen growth. A full rundown of variations between the two, together with modifications to enemies, havens, perks, weapons, tools, and guidelines—it is truly a fairly prolonged record—is up at ufopaedia.org.
To play Long War of the Chosen, you will must subscribe to the mod web page and the Alien Hunters Community Highlander web page if in case you have the Alien Hunters DLC put in. You’ll additionally want to show off body price smoothing, which “breaks” the mod for some cause.
On the gameplay facet, the creators suggest beginning with the minimal mods required to make sure it really works (a couple of reviews of mod conflicts have popped up in the feedback), checking the superior choices to make sure issues are arrange the approach you need, and starting at the very least one problem stage decrease than you usually play in the base sport, “until you are already very accustomed to Long War 2.”